Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Details....

We found out at 11:00 last night (yes, our case worker is amazing, calling us so late, after we promised her it didn't matter how late it was) that our Consulate Appointment is March 1st. We were hoping for a February appointment, but we will take it! It's actually been a blessing that we were able to purchase our tickets a month ahead! We have been saving up our mileage points on our credit card for years, seriously YEARS! Today, we zeroed out our points account and are sitting pretty with flights booked and not much out of our pockets! We got 2 roundtrip tickets from Seattle to Hong Kong, 1 ONE way ticket from Hong Kong to US(that would be for Miss Gracie), 2 nights hotel in Hong Kong, and 2 tickets from Hong Kong to Nanchang with trip insurance, all for less than $1,000, total! The rest of our hotel nights and one additional flight are booked through our agency, and will be covered by the grants that we received in November!

So, we are leaving Seattle on Friday, February 18th. Gracie's gotcha day will be on Monday, Feb. 21st. Our consulate appointment is on March 1st, and we will be home on Friday, March 4th! We had talked earlier in the week about me NOT traveling, as I was really struggling with leaving the 3 kids behind. Once the call came, I knew there was no way I could stay home! The kids reactions today, to me going, have reassured me that they will be fine. Grandma's are coming, and they are all excited! My mom will be here for week 1, and Brad's parents are coming from Texas for week 2, and will be here for a few days after we get home to get to know their new sweet grandaughter!

Thank you all for all of your encouraging words through this whole entire process! We have felt your prayers for our family, and we have seen God provide in huge ways to bring us to this point. We are excited for you to follow along! The countdown is on..... 30 days and counting!

CAN'T WAIT!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great news Shelly! We will be praying here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so so so so so so so excited!!!!! can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!You leave on my birthday, what a great day!! You got great prices WOW! We were a little under $1000 but not with the hotels and we have to fly to Beijing and I'm flying out of Hong Kong so no round trip for me. I know what you mean about leaving the kids. My husband is coming home early for the kids and work. So hard to leave them. We have gone back and forth so many times but now I'm staying the whole time. At least we have Skype!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow - it's getting so real! Congrats on your Consulate date and on knowing your Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that is great!!! Okay the first thing that popped into my head was Easter, she'll be home for Easter! You get to pick out a gorgeous Easter dress for Gracie.
    yeah! I'm so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear you'r going to find her so soon.
    I'll follow your trip from Barcelona
    Hugs for you all
    Elena (sponsor mami)

    ReplyDelete