Monday, April 25, 2011

The girls....

The beautiful grown up girl in this picture is my niece, Kaylee!  She's really more like a big sister to my girls, and she's AMAZING!  She would do anything for my girls, and has spent hours playing with, entertaining and loving them since the day Allyson came home!  Kaylee was so excited to finally have a GIRL cousin!  And my girls.... they think that "KayKay" can pretty much do anything! 



It's taken a little bit for Ella Grace to warm up to KayKay, but she hasn't given up!  She stops by often after school just to spend a few minutes playing with Ella Grace and bonding with her!  She brings her friends down to meet Ella Grace, cause she's just so excited to show her off!  All of her hard work has paid off.... Last night in church, Ella Grace started pointing behind me and putting her arms out... she had spotted her KayKay and wanted to go to her! 

Kaylee is going to adopt LOTS of kids from China one day (we've already discussed it), and I can't wait for the day that she brings her first little one home!  But for now, I'm so thankful that she wants to invest so much into my little girls!   Love you, KayKay!!!

7 comments:

  1. That's so amazing. How fun for your girlies to have a cousin they can look up to and adore. I hope Kaylee DOES adopt lots of kids from China one day. Sounds like they would be in a wonderful, loving home....much like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for your little girls to have an older girl cousin to look up to that obviously loves them so much! And how lucky that Kaylee lives close enough to see them and spend time with them so often...that is so wonderful!
    Gayle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, this is beautiful. I'm so happy that Ella Grace is finally accepting Kayla. Kayla is a wonderful girl and it's to Ella Grace's benefit for accepting KayKay. I miss y'all at church. We're going to have to make a special trip to visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting your comments about Kaylee. Made me cry!! I have loved keeping up with your journey with Ella Grace and your family thru facebook. Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A special tribute to a wonderful, lasting relationship in its beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaylee appears to be a true gem! I pray she follows her dream and brings home lots of little ones. What beautiful girls!

    Love and blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. So special that you live so close for your niece to stop by so often!!! Very sweet post!!

    ReplyDelete