Thursday, July 14, 2011

Brought to you by the letter...... P

I'm interrupting the Summer Catch Up posts to show you how we are currently spending our days......

We have had a successful trip to the potty for several days in a row, now, so we are working on our potty training skills!  We've made up our own sign for using the potty... picture wrinkling up your nose and waving your hand in front of your nose, saying "SHOOEEEYYY" like we do after stinky diapers, and this has become our sign needing to go!  She has told me a few times BEFORE she actually goes, and now she's telling me sometimes after she goes, but it's all steps in the right direction!  Sometimes we have to sit for a while, so we sing songs.....

"I'm a little teapot, short and stout.... here is my handle, here is my spout"

"Down came the rain and washed the spider out"


"Out came the sun and dried up all the rain"

 make faces.......


this is how she really feels about the whole thing!


 fake cry.......


pretty convincing, huh?


 and sometimes she claps and  claps and tries to trick Momma that she already went!  Fun stuff, I'm tellin' ya!  But her favorite part is the hand washing after she goes.....

(and flicking water on the mirror)


So, if you try to call, or need to come see us, you might find us a little occupied, but we're having fun!


{Have I mentioned how stinkin' proud we are of this girl???}  no pun intended!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE her fake cry face...that is halarious and WAY cute!! Nathaniel has the funniest fake cry...and then at dinner tonight, little Thea piped in and started doing it too...too funny!

    Hope the potty thing continues going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ELLA!! So fun! LOVE the I'm a teapot pose :) too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the songs on the potty! Ella is so cute! We need to try the songs on the potty.

    Christian (I can't get it to post regularly)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute, adorable. So thankful she is with you!

    ReplyDelete