Thursday, March 31, 2011

39..... and holding....


I feel like I have blinked, and I'm now staring in the face of the big 4-0.  Let's not get too hasty, though, I'm going to enjoy year 39 first!  I really think I'd like to call it quits on getting older from here...having a 3 at the front of my number makes me feel young... doesn't necessarily mean that I am, but makes me feel that way, at least!  


My parents drove 4 hours on Monday to surprise me and take us out to dinner!  I was so excited to see them.  We had a great time with my family, and then we were able to celebrate with our family of 6 on my actual birthday.  Thanks so much, Mom and Dad.... it made my entire week to see you all!
 

My first order of business on my birthday, is to always get a good picture of me with my little blessings, so I was really excited to get a good one with all four kids this year, which is not an easy task!  I LOVE the result this year, I think, because it's just still amazing to see myself surrounded by FOUR kids!  Each one is an amazing gift far beyond what I deserve!


I got to open my present before we left for dinner and was so "surprised" to find what I have been asking for!  Wink, wink!  My parents, in-laws and hubby all went in together to get me an i-pad!  And just as a little side, it's a refurbished i-pad.... can't imagine EVER spending what these things cost brand new!  I'm pretty excited, but, so far, my kids know way more about it than I do!  I will get the hang of it, and it will be fun to play with.  I mostly wanted it for educational apps for the girls to use, and as a fun toy for me, too!



We went to dinner at Red Robin, and ended the evening going to Dairy Queen where we used our buy one get one free coupons for blizzards!  Really fun night, spent with my favorite people on the planet!






I feel so very blessed with all the many ways that God has continued to shower me with His lovingkindness.  I praise Him for another year of life, and pray that He allows me to continue enjoying every single day! 

While I enjoyed my day, my heart was in constant prayer for a bloggy friend, who I have followed for about three years.  She has 2 kids from Korea, her daughter is the same age as Allyson.  She was in surgery yesterday for a mass, and was diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer.  My heart is heavy for her and her beautiful family, and I know they would appreciate your prayers as they navigate this tough road ahead.  Thankfully, they know the Lord, and are relying on Him through this trial.  Please pray for Melissa at Life as a Lewis.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your 39th year!!! It was one of my best!!! And you look lovely with four children around you! I wonder how beautiful you would look at 40 with 5!!! If ya hurry you could catch up to me!!!

    I have already brought Melissa and her family to our Lord's feet! I will continue to do so. He is our Healer!!!

    ReplyDelete