Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day!

I am so honored to have a wonderful father in my life! I've always had the security of knowing that my Daddy would protect, love, and correct me, and having a Dad who leads his family in the ways of the Lord is the biggest blessing that I can think of. I'm so very thankful for my Dad! I'm so thankful that my kids have my Dad as their Papa.... I think he would say that the greatest joy in life has been his grandchildren, and he treats them like they are!



I'm also thankful today for my father-in-law, Barry! He (along with my wonderful mother-in-law) raised the man that I am honored to call my husband, and who is the best Daddy to my favorite kids on the planet!



Of course, I am so very proud of my husband and thankful for the way he leads our family. Our kids are so very blessed to have him as their Dad, and they would all agree. Quality time is so important to him, and he makes sure that he gets that time with each of our kids, which becomes more of a challenge when there are four kids!




The thing that has stuck out more in my mind this Father's Day, is this little girl........




She waited FOUR years to have a Daddy. Today was a day to be celebrated.... and even though she doesn't understand what all the hoopla about today means, she knows she has a Daddy, and she know that he LOVES her!!!! That is something worth celebrating!



And I just want to add.... there are SO many out there just like our precious Ella Grace.... they are waiting, and some have been waiting for many years for a Daddy to hold them and love them. My prayer is that God is tugging at a Daddy's heart tonight to find that child and bring them home! There is joy like none other when you do!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great tribute to your dad and husband, Shelly. I love it. It's a great honor to do what you both have done in giving these children parents and a stable home. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...you have me in tears...seriously!

    Thank you for advocating for all those precious waiting children...I too was thinking of them yesterday as we (with our new precious Thea) celebrated Father's Day. It was heartwrenching to spend time at Shepherd's Field and meet so many amazing children that so desparately WANT and deserve a forever family...I too pray that God is preparing and tugging on more daddy's (and momma's) hearts for them!

    Gayle :)

    ReplyDelete