Thursday, February 17, 2011

Almost Ready!

While this might look like a mess to most of you, this is the the sign of progress!  We now have two bags packed!!  Brad and Ella Grace are set, now Mom has to figure out what I'm taking.  Flannel jammie pants probably won't cut it for the entire trip, so I guess I'm going to have to figure this out! 

My mom is on her way, as I type, flying over from the other side of the state!  Having her here will help a ton, and we will get it all together once she gets here!  The kids are all excited to see both sets of grandparents while we are gone!  We are so blessed to have so many family and friends who have offered to take care of our sweet kids during this two week time.  The hardest part in this journey is the fact that we have to leave them behind to bring her home.  I've never been one who enjoys leaving her kids for a few hours, let along for two whole weeks!  Please pray that I can enjoy our evening together, instead of crying the whole time!  We want to send them off to school tomorrow without breaking down, we'll see how that goes!

Brad went and found a carrier to put Ella Grace in.  He was a little nervous about navigating through airports and wherever we need to be, with a stroller, luggage, and a wife who is very clutsy on crutches!  He found this carrier, and it can be worn on the back as well.  Allyson was our tester, and she definitely thought it was wierd to be carried around.  Supposedly, Ella Grace is about 13 pounds lighter than Allyson, which we are still unsure about, but this carrier should work!


And, of course, there were projects for school to be done before we left.  Brad and Jacob got the finishing touches done on the sciene project, which is due while we are gone.  We were very kind to Grandma and got that one done before we left!  ha!  So, it should be smooth sailing for the kids with regular homework/school schedule while we are gone.

Well, I better go figure out what on earth I'm going to wear in China! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog layout!

    I am just smiling while reading this post. I am sure you guys are so excited about bringing home Ella Grace. We will be praying specifically for your joureny, your kiddos while you are gone, and a sweet first meeting with your new girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to your blog. My husband and your husband do fantasy football together and we visited your church once (Norman). We just started our paperchase to China, so I'm SOOO excited to follow your travel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the top excited not allowing myself to be bummed that we didn't travel together as I know we will meet someday with our girls!!!

    ReplyDelete