Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Surprise

This is Sally posting for Shelly as she can not access blogger. What a privilege for me to post as I know how important it was for me to have bloggy friends posting when I couldn't! 


We arrived in Nanchang this morning, after a short hour and 10 minute flight!  When we got in the van, our guide started going over details with us.  She said, okay, we will arrive at the hotel at 3:00pm, and then your baby will arrive at 4:00!  WHAT??? We thought she was coming on Monday, but we thrilled to hear that we were just minutes away from our girl, instead of another night!

She arrived at 4:00pm  on the dot!  Because of the circumstances, they brought her up to our room!  This first picture is of Brad peeking through our peep hole in the door.  Everytime we heard talking in the hall, I would make him go and peek again!



I will keep this short and sweet, because it's time for bed here in Nanchang, and I don't think she's going to go to sleep until we are all in bed.  She's playing away in her crib right now.  She is very quiet, but seems very comfortable with us.  She is not saying words, but she understands everything being said to her (in Chinese, that is).  She seems happy and very laid back.  We haven't seen any tears at all, just some funny looks every once in a while, like she's thinking, "now who are you, and what exactly are you saying to me".  All in all tonight has been wonderful.  We are absolutely in love with this precious girl and our hearts are so filled with joy that we are finally together!  I will leave you now with pictures!






8 comments:

  1. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! What a wonderful surprise to get her early! I am going to be checking back like crazy to see more pics and hear more about her! See you soon Ella Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!!!!!!!!!!She is a Princess. a gorgeous doll and she's in your arms!
    Love her hair, so pretty!
    Waiting for more pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she is precious! Congratulations guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just directed to your blog from Stephanie and Daily Smiles because I have an Ella Grace too :) Oh my goodness is your Ella Grace a beauty!! I can't wait to see more pictures of her and follow the rest of your journey with her. Our girls are a year apart but share that common Ds bond. I sure hope they can meet someday. Good luck with the rest of your adoption journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray hooray hooray! She is beautiful - and look at all that hair! You guys look over the moon. So excited for y'all

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great surprise!!! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for more posts! LOVE seeing these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!! She is positively precious and has the sweetest smile! Love the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete