Saturday, February 26, 2011

We made it to GZ!


After a short flight yesterday, we made it to our final week!  Can I just admit to you that I'm beyond ready to be home?  We are beginning to feel like we've been here a month instead of just a week!  Ella Grace was a crazy woman on our short flight!  The only way I can describe it is to say that she is definitely in the "busy toddler" stage!  She was standing up, sitting down, pulling down the tray table, putting it back up, sitting on the tray table and fighting the seatbelt when it was required to have it on!  We are going to have to work on a serious bag of tricks for the long ride home.  We have discovered that she loves books, so we are going to load up on a few, as well as some new toys to keep her attention.  She was pretty happy for the most part, other than the seatbelt.

Reading airplane safety manual


Ella Grace eating while sitting on the tray table


Today, we woke up, at an incredible breakfast at our hotel (okay, so I will miss that every day) and met with two other WACAP families to go get the kids' medical exams done.  It was such an incredible sight to see all the parents who showed up with their children to the clininc.  God is moving and bringing babies home to their forever families, and seeing so many families packed into that little clinic was my favorite part of the day!  We met families from all over the US.  Little Miss sure wasn't impressed with the doctors or nurses, but seeing her reach for her Daddy for comfort was also a wonderful thing.  She knows he's safe and will protect her.  After having her height, weight, ears, nose, throat, and overall checkup done, she had her TB test done.  I will admit that I teared up and left the room while they stuck my baby.  I know she'll go through alot more than that when she gets home, but it was painful to watch. 

Ella Grace and Daddy in clinic


After our medical exam, us and one other family decided to go to lunch.  Since the restaraunts are a little bit of a walk away, we decided to borrow the hotel wheelchair.  This sweet family in our group went to lunch with us, and then we decided to be brave and they wheeled me all over the place.  We went up two flights of stairs, with Brad and Don pushing me up a middle section ramp.  Can I just tell you, we were quite the sight to behold.  We wandered all over the place, carrying crutches, pushing me, and we never found the store we were looking for!  What a sweet family, to want me to be a part of wandering around.  We enjoyed our time together, and are enjoying having other families in this city to do things with. The Waltons  (who went on the escapade with us this afternoon) are right next door to us in our hotel, and our other family are on another floor, but we plan to go eat with them tomorrow.  Everyone has been so sweet and so accomodating to my sill leg, and we feel privileged to be part of such a caring group!  I'll try to get a picture of us with the other families tomorrow.

We came back to the hotel room, and Ella Grace was thrilled to be out of the carrier and was ready to play.  I can't say enough, how much joy and sweetness she brings to our lives already!  I can't wait to share that with her brother's and sister and all the wonderful people who have prayed for her and loved her before she ever came home!  She is a true gift!

Silly Ella Grace!


Brad and the group are heading out tomorow for a city tour.  I'm going to sit this one out, trying to not slow the group down too much!  

3 comments:

  1. That's a Sassy Sister pose to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your blog now that I'm home and can access blogger. Ella Grace is so beautiful and what a little sweetie. I loved it when I got to Guangzhou it was so nice and warm. Loved our breakfasts too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would it make you feel any better to know that is exactly how Ryne acted on our last flight to AR last month??? Must be totally normal then, right?!
    I'll be praying for a much calmer long flight home for you guys. I am so thankful that you are blogging your adventure for all of us. I look forward to each new post...have found myself just falling in love with your little girl :)

    ReplyDelete