Monday, February 14, 2011

Loves of my Life

I hope everyone had a fun day of celebrating the love that God has brought into each of our lives!  Personally, Valentines Day, is one of my favorite holidays!  We kept things pretty low key this year.  I got back in my kitchen for the first time in two weeks.  I didn't actually cook anything, but was the official supervisor as my husband made baked spaghetti for dinner!   I've had it on the menu for 3 weeks, and had planned to cook it the day I fell, so I was excited to finally have it! 


This man, my hubby of 20 years in June!  What can I say?  He is perfect for me in every way, and has had to live out our wedding vows, in sickness and in health, more in the past two weeks than ever before.  He has stayed home with me and kept this house running and the kids on task.  He's exhausted, and yet keeps serving in love.  I love you, honey, and can't thank you enough for all the love that you give to me and to our kids, who are so blessed to call you Daddy!   
Oh, these three!!!  Absolute love and joy of our life!  We still can't believe that God handpicked the three greatest kids in the universe for us to have the joy of parenting!  And He's blessing us again in one short week with this precious gem.....
.....we just dream about the day that we are scooping her up and never letting her go!  6 short days from now, and our dreams are fulfilled!  Ella Grace, you have no idea how much love is coming your way!  We are so grateful for our Heavenly Father, and how He directed our steps to you!

We decided to take one last picture as a family of five!  I can't wait to see how we look as a family of six!  And because we wanted to remember our reality, we took one like this, too.....


We are extremely thankful for the new boot that I was fitted with on Friday.  The other boot was extremely heavy, and my heel was slipping out of the back everytime I got up, causing alot of pain.  I knew it just wasn't right, and couldn't imagine trying to deal with that in China for two weeks.  It just had to be right.  I finally called and made an appointment for last Friday, and when I got there, she said that the boot "rep" just happened to be there, and he gave me one that they had never used before.  It's an amazing fit, and much lighter than the original boot.  This cast has air pumps, and I can pump or deflate the air as needed.  It's made sleeping and getting out and about more of a reality!  God is definitely in the details of this, and just blew us away with His provision!


Evey day is getting a little better.  Getting out and about is still a little scary, and I would be lying if I still wasn't kind of freaked out about the fact that we are leaving for China in 4 days and I have a broken leg, but I have seen so much progress from day one, so I know that things are going to keep getting better.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  I will leave you with a couple more pictures, and will update soon about getting ready for our trip.... have I mentioned that we leave on FRIDAY????


 

5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of your precious family! They have grown so much since leaving Norman. We will be praying as you go pick up your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the air pump boot too when i broke my foot. so glad you got one that fits!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LEAVE ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beyond excited for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, so glad you had a Happy Valentine's Day. Really glad the new boot is helping, that is an answer to prayer. We will be praying for the trip to go well and for your safe return with little Gracie. Loved Mike's prayer for God to give you grace, even more meaningful in this case! We know God will be with you on this journey and we look forward to meeting little miss Gracie when you get home.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH how I love your family!!! We just have to meet in the middle some time!!! Love how God is showing you His faithfulness from rep being at appt to the love of your life to getting your precious new daughter. I am so excited to follow along and then of course meet in the middle!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. been thinking of you guys like crazy! Praying for you and your travels and for Ella Grace! We will miss you these next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete