Thursday, January 6, 2011

I got nothin'.....

So, we REALLY thought we would have TA by now, as everyone else on our timeline has gotten! To say that it has been a disappointing week, is an understatement, but we both woke up today feeling much better about the situation, realizing that even though we aren't traveling in January, our travel is only pushed about a month past what we hoped for. A month is not that long to wait, but it took us a couple of days to come to the point of being okay with that! I had "leaky" eyes for about two days, but can now talk about it without dissolving into tears! I joked with the boys that every time I cried, I would run to the Oreo package and have another. Tonight we were talking about Gracie's orphanage, and I got teary eyed again, and the boys said, "better go get the Oreo's, Mom's crying again".... what can I say? :o)

Adoption is a long process with lots of ups and downs! You get your heart set on something, and when it doesn't go our way, it's frustrating! But we know, that in all things, we continue to rely on God's timing in everything, and sometimes OUR plans aren't His plans! We are okay with that, and only want to go when the time is right! Our TA should be arriving any day, and the next available Consulate Appointment dates look to be Feb. 23rd, so we will aim for that date as soon as our official TA comes through. In the mean time, we have asked for another update on our girl. The orphanages don't always respond to update requests, but we are hoping for just one more picture and some definite mesurements on our girl, so we can start packing for her! Thanks for checking in, and to all the awesome families who ARE going next week.... we are disappointed that we won't get to spend the week with you all, but you all will be in our prayers as you add your little blessings to your families! We're comin' in right behind ya!!!

I'm off to grab another Oreo......

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly-
    The wait is so hard and filled with ups and downs. Thank goodness in the end the dream is realized and your little one is in your arms!

    My friend Sally is adopting a precious little girl from China with Downs Syndrome. She is leaving for China in about 8 days! You may want to follow her journey-
    it is on my sidebar- I think it is mylifemydesire.blogspot.com

    Now go get another oreo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny that my dearest friend Jean posted that on your blog. We are such good friends!!! We actually officially met accidentally on the Great Wall in 2008! I am so bummed that you did not get TA with us. We only have 4 families traveling with us. At least I can be a BTDT mom for you with our Gracies!!!

    ReplyDelete