Monday, January 31, 2011

Couch to 5k is over for now......

WHY  is there a picture of an x-ray on my blog, you ask?  Well, that happens to be my lovely leg with 3 breaks in my left tibia.  A lovely little fall down my stairs today, with my arms full of laundry, caused this lovely accident.  I have a really bad habit of placing things on my stairs that belong upstairs and need to be put away.  Well, today, it was abox of Cheerios that I had bought for our trip.  I didn't know it had fallen over sideways, so when I came down with my laundry, and couldn't see where my feet were stepping,  well, you get the picture.  A loud pop was heard and many tears were shed, not because of pain (well, some because of pain), but because I was so freaked out that I wouldn't get to go to China.  Dr. says go to China, but it will be on crutches with a lovely boot on my leg. 
I'm trying not to think about all the things that need to be done right now.  Maybe by the time we go, the pain will be less and I will be able to move around.  Right now, it's couch time.

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry!!!! Don't even know what to say other than sorry!!! Okay and that I pray it feels much better before that long flight and China!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Prayers doubled for your trip - apparently God wanted to make sure you would *really* slow down and savor time with your Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means you have to "LET GO" and "LET GOD" :)
    Start making your list, we will all pitch in to get you to China!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Shelly! I wish I lived nearby. I'd prop your purty little leg on a pillow and pack your bags, fix your meals and run your errands. I really would!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I can't imagine how painful. I am very glad that it will not keep you from being able to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh noooooo...... bless your heart! I have the same bad habit. Sorry about your leg but happy you are able to travel to China.

    Love and blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you all!
    www.campfunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no!!! I am so sorry for you -- can't imagine how stressed you must be! Wish I could help! Hope you feel better soon!!

    Jan ;)

    ReplyDelete